This exposure draft poem mainly relates to career structure; teaching will be minimally affected. Consultation period closes 15/01/10.
• The Flexibility Agenda. Tackling over-specialisation, making English Literature more relevant to the contemporary knowledge industry.
• The Glorious Literature Agenda. Achieving the right balance between theory and literature, to correct the socio-political bias of current teaching practices.
• The Streamlining Agenda. Reducing redundancy within English and across disciplines, to leverage the most out of our people.
• The Access Agenda. Allowing distance and part-time learners to benefit from recent IT advances. Widening access to ensure the sustainability of our discipline.
• The Choice Agenda. Tackling the stigma associated with third-party pedagogy providers. Empowering the student to fulfil learning objectives however he or she chooses.
Download the full document (Word).
Performance at Desperate Literature Bookshop in Madrid - I am performing with London based poet Chris Gutkind at Desperate Literature bookshop in Madrid. April 14th. Tonight two poets (one local, one not) in a wh...
2 days ago